|Frequently Asked Questions|
- 1. What is an E-Card? How much does it cost?
- 2. How do I send/pick up an E-Card?
- 3. I got an E-mail saying someone sent me a card. How do I pick up the card?
- 4. Can I use HTML in my message area?
- 5. How come I did not hear the music?
- 6. How to hear the music I choose to go with the card before sending it?
- 7. How can I send a card to multi-recipients at one click?
- 8. How do I know my card is sent?
- 9. How can I save the card?
- 10. How can I see an old card that was sent to me more than 30 days ago?
- 11. I sent a card to a wrong/mis-spelled address how can I stop it?
- 12. I sent a card to a friend but she/he did not get it. What could be the problem?
- 13. Can I have a link to your E-Card site from my own Website?
- 14. Why does my computer show certain cards but not others?
- 15. Is it possible for the sender to control single-spaced lines by themself?
- 16. Can you tell me who I have sent cards to?
- 17. Can anyone read my E-Card?
- 18. Why can't I hear any music when I preview my card?
1. What is an E-Card? How much does it cost?
E-Card is an electronic greeting card service at FreeMusicalEcards.com that lets users send and receive electronic greeting card over the Internet. One needs to have a web browser such as Internet Explorer to view the E-Cards. You simply choose a card image, text and background color, background music (optional) and write a personal message if you will, then send it to the recipient's e-mail address. All information is sent through e-mail and it costs nothing to send or recieve cards. Advertising revenue supports the costs of this service and E-Cards on this website are free for visitors.
2. How do I send/pick up an E-Card?
It is done through the Internet. To send a card, you select a card image and input recipient and sender's name and e-mail address. You may also write a personal message and attach background music to the card if the recipient have muti-media computer to play it.
The card you sent would be saved on the UNIX-based server (central computer) and an e-mail notice with the location of the card and picking-up instructions will automatically be sent to the recipient by the E-Card program to ask him/her to pick up the card on a webpage. E-Card's are not sent directly to the recipient because many e-mail accounts can not display graphics and play music.
3. I got an E-mail saying someone sent me a card. How do I pick up the card?
To view the card, the recipient must have a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. He/she simply has to point the browser to the location of the E-Card that was sent to his/her e-mail.
4. Can I use HTML in my message area?
Yes you can.
5. How come I did not hear the music?
The background music is in MIDI format. There are many reasons that you may not be hearing the sound. Lets start with the simple reasons and work from there... Is your computer equipped for sound? Are you waiting long enough for the sound to download? You should also check the Volume Control by clicking on the speaker icon at the lower-right corner on your computer screen to make sure MIDI is not muted.
Another reason why you can't hear the music is that your web browser doesn't have a suitable plug-in for MIDI files and you may need to download and install one which doesn't take very long. A Plug-in is a small computer program that extends the standard functionality of a web browser. Plug-ins are used for many purposes including playing music on your web browser.
6. How to hear the music I choose to go with the card before sending it?
If you would like to listen to the music before sending it, click on the song title and a music control panel should appear on your screen. Some web browsers may ask you to download the music to your computer before you can listen to it. Please note that the recipient's computer must also have multimedia capacity to play the MIDI music.
7. How can I send a card to multi-recipients at one click?
Unfortunately sending a card to multiple e-mail addresses is not possible to prevent people and also automated computer programs from using our e-cards to send spam (junk e-mail). If you wish to send your card to more than one e-mail address, you will need to send them one at a time.
8. How do I know my card is sent?
Once you click on the "This is a preview of your card, you must click here to send it!" button, you will get a message to confirm you that your e-card has been delivered successfully. You should also receive a confirmation e-mail very quickly after sending your card.
9. How can I save the card?
You can use it for non-commercial purpose. To download the card, move your mouse over the card and click with your RIGHT mouse button. You will get a list of functions, move to "save picture as..." to save the image. To save the text message, please use the "save as" function of your browser.
10. How can I see an old card that was sent to me more than 30 days ago?
The E-Card program will hold the card for thirty (30) days on the server and then automatically delete them. The server can't hold the card for more than thirty days due to limited resources so if you really need to retrieve the card after thirty days, please save the card on your computer before it is deleted from our server.
11. I sent a card to a wrong/mis-spelled address how can I stop it?
There is no way of getting the e-mail back once you have sent it. Please re-send the card.
12. I sent a card to a friend but she/he did not get it. What could be the problem?
Just like regular e-mail, sometimes receiver's e-mail server is down and the card goes to nowhere, some other times it could take a few hours or days to get to the recipient because some servers are slower than others. In other cases you may have mistakenly put in the wrong e-mail address or misspelled it. There is also a slight possiblity that the e-mail could get lost just like what could happen to a snail mail.
To make it up, you can always re-create the card and re-send it to the recipient, we know it can be a bit of a pain.
Some free e-mail providers may deliver our messages to your friends Junk e-mail folder. Please tell your friend to look for your card there, and you should also advise your friend to tell the Junk e-mail filter that they'd prefer to have our messages delivered to their Inbox by using the checkboxes and then clicking the 'Not Junk' button, or something similar.
13. Can I have a link to your E-Card site from my own Website?
Yes if you are interested in linking your site to Free Musical E-Cards, feel free to do so. You can create your own text or image link, or you can simply copy the html code below and paste it on your page.
Free Musical E-Cards
The World's Best Free Postcard Site
14. Why does my computer show certain cards but not others?
It's very likely that your computer has problem displaying those animated cards applying Java - either the hardware resources is not sufficient to run JAVA or the JAVA function in your browser is disabled. So you need to view those cards through a Java-enabled browser. If you have a "not too old" browser such as Internet Explorer 7+, Google Chrome 16+, Mozilla Firefox 10+ or Safari 4+ then it should be fine.
15. Is it possible for the sender to control single-spaced lines by themself?
Yes, it is possible. For single-spaced lines, all you have to do is to keep typing without pressing the Enter key for line breaks. The program will automatically wrap the lines for you when you type and show single space lines when the message is shown to the recipient. If you want double- spaced lines, you have to press the Enter key at the end of each line.
16. Can you tell me who I have sent cards to?
Sorry we do not have a log. When you click "send card" the card is sent to the recipient by the E-Card program automatically. We do not send it manually.
17. Can anyone read my E-Card?
No, only you (the sender) and the recipient. The e-card program will send an e-mail notice to him or her to pick up the card.
18. Why can't I hear any music when I preview my card?
Your web browser probably can't play MIDI music files. Maybe you need to install a MIDI player plug-in for your browser in order for the music to play.
We allow you to customize your greeting card using your personal information. The names and e-mail addresses are *NOT* compiled into any sort of mailing list to advertise a product or any type of e-mail solicitations. Respect of your privacy is paramount! We do not sell or rent the names and/or e-mail addresses of the people who send or receive the greeting cards to any third party, including (but not limited to), other companies, governments or government agencies, and / or private citizens.
If the above list of Frequently Asked Questions don't solve your problem,
please feel free to contact us for help.